Sunday, March 27, 2011

practicing falling means practicing getting up

Today we practiced more falls. This means I practiced getting up a lot too. If you read my last post, you know that I had to use my hands to get up. Well, I had a breakthough today.
We've been told that it is more stable to get up on your toe stops, which I cannot do without using my hands. The angle just doesn't seem to work for me. Today I was able to balance on the wheels of my skate and get myself up without putting my hands down. So far I can only do it with my left foot down and pushing up on my right leg, and this has resulted in my right quad muscle being very sore from repeatedly pushing up on it.
I know I'll have to practice more with the other leg and eventually I'm sure I'll be able to get strong enough to do it just fine with either leg.
For now tho, its time to take some Advil and get some rest. There's another practice tomorrow night!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely practice on both legs equally now, if you favor one leg over the other it'll be hard to break later and it can cause strain in the leg you favor.

    ReplyDelete