Tuesday, May 17, 2011

new discovery

Way back in March, when I first joined my league and was talking with some of the veteran skaters about gear, someone mentioned knee gaskets. I didn't order any at first, because it wasn't part of the fresh meat package I ordered online, and I totally forgot to look for them on the website I ordered from.

Fast forward to last night. One of the NSOs and part time ref for our league owns his own skate shop and gives our league members discounts on his stuff. A while back I had asked him about knee gaskets, to which he had said to let him know which size I wanted and he would get back to me. Well, I never did get back to him as we never managed to be at practices at the same time. Until Thursday. He came near the end of practice with the gaskets. He said he'd be back for Monday's practice and I said I'd bring my money.

Let me tell you, falling is so much more comfortable with the gaskets. They are completely made of neoprene, and they are extra padded right around the knee cap. They offer an extra layer of cushioning and as a bonus, have velcro on the top and bottom in front, so they stick to the inside of your actual knee pad which helps to prevent slippage.

The only complaint I had about the gaskets, is that they are skin tight. Even tho I did get the extra large, my lower legs really bothered me as practice went on, and I wonder if it had anything to do with the tightness of the gaskets. I guess time will tell, maybe they will stretch out a little with use, as my kneepads themselves did.

No comments:

Post a Comment