Tuesday, May 24, 2011

glides

Slowly but surely I am improving.
Last night we were doing one footed glides (lifting one foot and just skating on the other). Up til now I hadn't been able to do it, but something clicked last night and I got it. I skated most of the width of the rink on one foot. Don't know if I'll be able to do it on the other foot anytime soon, but it felt so good to finally get it!

We also did some pack work, practiced wheel locking (touching wheels with another person) this happens a lot when you are trying to stay tight with your pack and it is such a weird feeling. You feel like your going to fall (and I did a couple of times) but once you get used to it you can keep your balance and recover quickly while its happening.

We were practicing scooter pushes last night too. Combined, the right scooter push and left scooter push make up a crossover. I can do the right scooter push, and thats pretty much how I skated for the first several weeks. I eventually was able to start pushing off with both feet, which has helped a lot! But I still can't figure out the left scooter push. I know you're supposed to be able to get your left leg behind your right leg, but I just can't figure out how to make my body do it.

Small steps tho right?

No comments:

Post a Comment